I need to apply for my child’s passport, but one of the parents resides abroad. what is the procedure?

Modified on Mon, 26 Sep 2022 at 07:58 AM

The parent residing abroad must visit one of the Maltese missions abroad to have a consent form filled in by an authorised MFET official.

The parent must go in person presenting the original and valid passport or ID card. The MFET official will fill in he consent form acting as a witness. The official coat of arms must also be used. The consent form together with an endorsed true copy of the passport including official coat of arms stamp, must be forwarded to our office through the official MFET email account.

Consent form from personal email accounts will not be acknowledged by Passport Office.

Link to overseas mission



Link to consent form


Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article